Thursday, February 22, 2007

Golden Age Pt.2.........Bu-Bump

Posted on Feb 22nd, 2007 by T : Eyes in the Pine T
Oak_leaf

Last night I went down town to check out a new spiritual group- Asheville has so many of them you can't throw a random rock without nailing some kind of saddhu, wannnabe or otherwise.

And I'd hate to hit a real one. Even a fake one. Well, a fake one might be fun if it was a real small rock and it didn't hurt but it made him all pissed off………..

Anyway, I go to this heart-practice group. Real crowded in there, and I got there late, had to sit right next to the teacher in a high chair which made me feel childlike, awkward, and secretly pleased.

Go ahead and analyze that one but meantime he had us simply put a finger on our heart and relax. Then smiling down into the heart whatever-that-means-to-you. And how all those practices, fancy and however profound, tend to mediate this connection.

So, let's cut out the middle-man and go right Home.

That's their theory.

Well, let me just say this: I believe them. That the heart is the energetic center like the Sun and you don't have to do a goddamn thing to enjoy and be healed by it………in fact, anything you do just gets in the way. Just find a group of folks that are doing it and go hang out.

So, we sat, eyes shut, and put a finger in the Holy Dike. I felt this strange literal energy in my finger- it was tough because of thoughts about it, you know how it is. But when I was willing to really feel the feeling, it was so steady and calm- like 'I' could never be.

And what really sold the farm?

I was languishing at the time to a new age soundtrack that ordinarily would have me hating all that is Good and Decent and Praying for the Relief that Death Will Surely Bring……

Rolling my eyes. Yet, I smiled. Fucking smiled, a real smile. Right there in that little new age room with all those typical Asheville Types and I'm such a snob.………..Jesus Christ what next??? ……………….Jesus Christ?

I don't think so-
I was a born again Christian 25 years ago, coming off shooting drugs, for about a year. Having had it once, I think that gives me immunity………

At any rate, from what I've gleaned thus far, I give these Heart cats a big thumbs up. Check 'em out. Heart Sanctuary.……here they are… I heartily recommend them from what I've gleaned so far. I'm going back. Plus, I'm going to check out all kinds of 'spiritual' groups and report on them right here on Eyes in the Pine.

If ya want.

Access_public Access: Public Add Comment views (0)

No comments: