Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mind, Structivetuousness, and OF: You Tricky Bastard


Journey

No, seriously, count them again. Be careful. It's kind of tricky! Because if you didn't get 6, you counted wrong, Bucko.

Fact.
Yes, I know you'll say they're are only 3 'F's in that sentence. This sentence by the way:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS…

But sadly- as a bit of evidence most evidenciary as to my limited cognitive skills- there are indeed 6 'F's there.

That's all I have to report, here, that sometimes the human mind can not see something that is right before it's face, when it's conditioned not to. If we're not working on de-constructing our conditioning, what the hell are we doing? Constructing more constructions?

Nothing against constructures- I'm all for nice shit and all. But to be constructive, sometimes we have to be de-constructive. Destructive only to what is not constructive. (think Jesse Jackson here) Either way, reality manifests totally-even almost massive- what I like to call structivestuff, jam packed with structivity. Especially high levels of……………………. structitiousness.

Which is what the world is before it makes it's mind up to get stupid, and gets all one sided and particular and ornery. Which it will, I suppose, says I sitting here wide blogging awake at the pre-dewy hour of 5 a.m., sharp.

But 5 a.m. doesn't really need to be 'sharp', n'est pas? Soft would be good……….Let's say 5 a.m. shouldn't be, as a rule, sharp., as a matter of fact? Shall we? Yet, in spite of or because of or both, sharpness of mind at 5 a.m. is quite pristine, when it exists at all. This morning as the sky grew slowly brightning to the east I watched from the porch. Wild turkeys up in the pasture; crows gathering in a pine. A big great blue heron flapped by, majestically. I looked up at the bedroom window where I used to sleep, and Kimberly was still there but I was not. It was like looking at myself, back in the mystery and dusks of time itself. Yin in yin- a January dawn. But each day, growing a bit longer. Just a bit.

Got a job today! I mean yesterday! At a cool little grocery store, the Grove Market. I like the vibe- kind of wabi-sabi, if I know what I mean.

Later and out,

T

PS OK ………… which of you got 3 'F's and really don't believe there are 6? Did you count the 'F's in the word 'OF' which appears thrice? Huh? Did ya??? Punk?

I didn't think so.

No, seriously, if you counted all six write me and tell me how you did that……….. Genius.. I feel totally chagrined I only found 3……….

TODAYS LINKS:

– for the Surreal I give you David Lynch. Don't even try to understand this video.

—for the mundane, I give you Weather. From a trailer park. So you know it could be twisters. Perhaps one of the most poorly shot videos of weather I've ever seen, with this guy- I'm guessing here- waving the camera around in the face of Immensity and Chaos Herself like he'd seen the Devil. And maybe he has. And She is a Fox.

And he stood out there, on dangerous, blood-contested ground, and the man simply filmed. Just to be brave. Then posting it on YouTube. Just to be.





No comments: